The Relational Self Therapy
My name is Edward Burns, MA, LMFT, and I am a licensed and practicing psychotherapist serving the greater Indianapolis, IN area. I graduated magna cum laude with an MA in Marriage and Family Therapy from Christian Theological Seminary. Previously, I received a BS in Chemical Engineering from Purdue University.
I work with individuals, couples, and families. My areas of focus include and are not limited to:
- mood disorders (depression, anxiety, and bipolar)
- personality disorders (emotion regulation and intimacy issues)
- adolescent issues
- addictions and addictive behavior (drugs, alcohol, shopping, eating, gambling, and sex)
- mourning and loss
- trauma (post traumatic stress disorder)
- marital problems (conflict, communication, intimacy, separation and divorce)
- relationship enhancement
- life transitioning
- spirituality and personal growth
I am a member of the Indiana Society for Psychoanalytic Thought, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (clinical member), and National Association of Mental Illness.
We are relational by nature. Given this fact, all of our joys and pains occur in a relational context; hence, our solutions can begin within the dynamics of a therapeutic relationship. I pledge to create a safe and sacred space for all who enter our binding therapeutic contract. With mutual trust, I vow to become a reliable relational source for which one can transform their pain to growth.
I have faith in therapy as a means towards positive change. I look forward to our journey.